Custom Made Orthotics
Handmade for over 26 Years
For over twenty-six years, our chief podiatrist, Dr. Edward Lang, has evaluated and treated a variety of deformities of the foot and ankle, and custom-made orthotics have become invaluable tools in the correction of many conditions.
What Are Custom-Made Orthotics?
Custom-made orthotics are shoe inserts that our podiatrist and his team design and make just for you! Your fingerprints and DNA are unique, and your feet are unique, too! Over-the-counter orthotics are mass produced and generic, and they may not provide the relief you and your feet need.
How They Are Made
- Dr. Lang will conduct a thorough examination of your foot and subsequently use a highly sensitive computer that evaluates and scans your gait as you walk.
- A computerized image of how your foot pronates or supinates (words referring to whether or not the foot tends to roll inwards or outwards) when walking is digitally captured.
- The custom-made orthoses are then handcrafted by our laboratory's highly trained pedorthist. During the creation of your custom-made orthotics, our company's pedorthist creates each pair of supports to your exact needs.
Conditions for Which We Most Often Prescribe Custom-Made Orthotics
- Generalized foot pain, including arthritis, calluses, and hammertoes
- Limb length discrepancy
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Posterior tibial dysfunction
- Rearfoot valgus, in which the back of the foot curves outward at the ankle joint
- Stabilization and reduction of bunion pain
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
For the Pediatric Patient
It has been estimated that over 70% of foot deformities, if properly diagnosed and treated during childhood, may be corrected by adulthood. Children who are "pigeon-toed," who walk on their toes, or who over-pronate when they walk are great candidates for custom-made orthotics. With his many years of expertise, Dr. Edward Lang has customized a countless number of specialty orthotics for his youngest patients.
Conditions for Which We Most Often Prescribe Custom-Made Orthotics for Pediatric Patients
- Flat feet and equinus gait (toe walkers)
- In-toeing, which means that the feet turn inward instead of pointing straight ahead when a child walks or runs (pigeon toes)
- Knock knees
- Limb length discrepancy
- Out-toeing, which means that the feet turn outward instead of pointing straight ahead when a child walks or runs
- Rearfoot valgus, placing weight on the inside of the foot
- Rearfoot varus, placing weight on the outside of the foot
Come and See the Difference for Yourself
With over 150 unique orthotic possibilities, the doctors and talented team of foot care professionals at New Orleans Podiatry Associates can create an orthotic that is right for you. From fine men's dress shoe orthotics to a special high heel orthosis, our brand of custom-made orthotics is guaranteed to be made to your satisfaction, or we will happily refund your money.* That is NOPA's guarantee to you!
Our custom-made orthotics are affordable, usually covered by private insurance carriers, and are superior in quality and comfort.
* A money-back guarantee is offered after a verbal notice of dissatisfaction with the product has been documented with a NOPA team member and after the prescribed amount of time of use. After 14 days of continuous use, if a patient is not satisfied with the feel of his or her orthotics, an adjustment may be offered as nessessary. NOPA will then ask for another 14 days of continuous use after the adjustments have been completed. After 30 days of use of the orthotics, if the patient is still not pleased with our product, we will provide a full refund.