Scheduled Seminars and Events
Dr. Lang and his staff believe that informed patients make better decisions about their health. With that in mind, we have created an extensive patient resource center covering an array of foot related topics. We regualrly conduct educational seminars on the most current podiatric subjects, such as fungal laser treatments, diabetic foot care, diabetic nutrition with our staff nutritionist, and many other podiatric issues.
Browse through the diagnoses and treatments located on the lower right portion of this screen to learn more about what interests or affects you. For a more comprehensive search of our entire web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided below.
As always, you can contact our office for answers to any questions or concerns you may have.
Type topics of interest to you in the search box.
It's normal for people to experience some foot problems as they age. But experts say that problems with feet can be the first sign of more serious medical conditions, particularly among older adults. Health problems, such as arthritis, diabetes, nerve issues, and circulatory disorders, may first be manifested in the feet. That is why it is important to pay attention to your feet and seek medical attention as soon as you notice a problem.
Here are some foot care tips for older adults:
- Practice good foot care. Check your feet regularly or have a member of your family check them for you.
- Keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. Do this by putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you've had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath.
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit well to prevent pressures that can lead to friction and infection and keep your foot structure properly aligned.
- Avoid exposing your feet to cold temperatures.
- Don't sit for long periods of time (especially with your legs crossed).
- Don't smoke because it decreases blood supply and increases the chance of swelling and other circulatory problems.