PinPointe FootLaser on The Doctors
PinPointe™ FootLaser™ is the first laser scientifically designed to promote clear nails in patients who suffer from unsightly nail fungus. Clinically proven, this treatment eradicates unsightly nail pathogens without the harmful side effects of oral medications and typically takes only thirty minutes to perform. Stop suffering from the pain and embarrassment of thick and discolored nails due to a fungus. PinPointe FootLaser is the easy and convenient treatment that helps turn your discolored and disfigured nails into clearer, healthier-looking nails within months.
Please click on this link to download a form providing you with information about what you should do before the procedure and how you should care for your shoes and your home to reduce the risk of fungi spreading: PinPointe Laser Education and Post-Operative Information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the laser work?
This patented laser is specially designed to penetrate through your toenail and destroy the specific pathogens in and under it causing infection, thickening, and embarrassing discoloration . Our PinPointe FootLaser operates in the light spectrum of near infrared light. Unlike CO2 lasers of the past, this laser safely destroys the fungi, molds, and bacteria that often cause onychomycosis and without any discomfort to the patient.
Who qualifies for treatment?
Patients with diabetic or non-diabetic foot neuropathy or peripheral vascular disease do not qualify for this treatment.
Is this laser painful?
The gentle laser light beam has no effect on healthy tissue. There is no, or very little discomfort during or after the treatment. It does not harm or affect your activity in any way.
Is this treatment safe?
Clinical studies have found no adverse reactions, injuries, disabilities, or known side effects. As you may know, the use of the medication available today for treatment of fungal toenails carries with it possible systemic involvement (commonly in the liver and kidney). This laser does not!
Does my insurance pay for this?
Insurance carriers will pay for your office visit and evaluation to determine whether your nails are infected with a fungus or pathogen. However, because laser nail treatment is considered cosmetic, health insurance carriers do not cover this treatment. If your insurance carrier offers an HSA (health spending account), you may be able to use your HSA funds to pay for your laser nail treatment.
Does it really work?
The clinical studies done this year reveal that over 85% of PinPointe lasered nails show significant improvement after treatment, however, efficacy is based on the patient's commitment to following post treatment instructions and care.
How soon will I see improvement?
On average, a toenail will replace itself every 6-9 months. Healthy new nail growth will be visible within the first three months, and it will take that amount of time before you see the new, fungus-free nail growing out. While you are waiting for your nails to grow back, you can use the KeryFlex Nail Restoration system, which gives you natural-looking nails right away. Click on the link to learn more about the KeryFlex Nail Restoration system.
How much does it cost?
- Laser Package: $300 This includes the treatment of all ten nails, and one follow-up visit to evaluate patient progress. This price does not include the cost of the $75 post-laser care products package.
- After a thorough examination by one of our physicians, for which most insurance carriers should provide coverage, an evaluation will be made to determine if your nails are truly infected, and if laser nail treatment is best for you.
- The prices listed on this site reflect our current promotional pricing and are subject to change without notice.
- Please keep in mind that laser nail therapy usually requires up to three painless and quick treatment sessions that could be performed during a 30-minute lunch break!
- Prices include one follow-up visit to check on your progress.
- Patients are required to purchase one bottle each of Formula Three Anti-Fungal Nail Conditioner ($45), Fungi Foot Foam ($25), and Clean Sweep Shoe Spray ($15) to be used in conjunction with post-laser-treated nails for a minimum of six months following the procedure. All three anti-fungal products are sold at the package price of $75.00.
- Every laser patient will leave our practice with a new, clean pair of "flip-flop" sandals, as it is not advisable to place your newly treated nails back into the infected shoes worn into the office.
- Follow-up care requires a patient to properly treat his/her home, shoes, socks, linens, carpets, and bathrooms with a recommended, over-the-counter disinfectant for several months to prevent reinfection. Most patients who have contracted some form of nail fungus are usually susceptible to reinfection and will have to be diligent in post-procedure care. Click here for more information on post-procedure care.
- In our experience, approximatly three treatments with our PinPointe FootLaser is usually sufficient to eradicate nail fungus. Although rare, severely infected toenails may require additional treatments.
- Toenails will be debrided before laser treatment to acheive optimal results.
- Due to the nature of how fungus proliferates, optimal results are acheived when all ten nails are treated with laser therapy. Studies also prove that if fungus is found on the toenails, fungal spores are present on the feet. Fungus on the nails and feet translates to fungal infection in your shoes. The NOPA team will assist you in your journey to eradicate foot fungus, while educating you on how to prevent re-infection.
PinPointe FootLaser On ABC News
Check Out The PinPointe FootLaser in Action!
Before and After Gallery
Hover your cursor over the images to pause the gallery. Click the arrows to navigate through the photos.
For more information, please visit the PinPointe FootLaser website.