Arthritis is the painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints. Arthritis can affect people of any age, so if you are experiencing inexplicable pain in your feet, it's important for you to see a podiatrist as soon as possible since the damage could become irreversible if left untreated. The sooner you address arthritic pain, the better you'll be able to manage the pain and remain active.
If you have foot pain, call New Orleans Podiatry Associates today, and we can help keep you jogging on the St. Charles Avenue neutral ground, walking on the levees along Lake Pontchartrain, and marching in that next Mardi Gras parade.
Causes of Arthritis
- Inflammatory disease in which the body's immune system attacks and destroys cartilage, the connective tissue on the surfaces of the joints
- Injuries, especially dislocations and fractures
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Pain or tenderness
- Walking difficulty due to any of the above symptoms
Credit: James Heilman, M.D.
Treatments for Arthritis
- Custom-made orthotics --NOPA offers more than 150 unique possibilities
- Diet adjustment, with a focus on weight reduction and optimized nutrition
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Prescription medication such as anti-inflammatory drugs or steroid injections
- Physical therapy and exercises
- Surgery for the most serious cases
For more information on Arthritis use our Live Chat feature or call us (504) 897-3627. To request an appointment click here.