Arthritis is the painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints. Arthritis can affect people of any age, so if you are experiencing inexplicable pain in your feet, it's important for you to see a podiatrist as soon as possible since the damage could become irreversible if left untreated. The sooner you address arthritic pain, the better you'll be able to manage the pain and remain active.
If you have foot pain, call New Orleans Podiatry Associates today, and we can help keep you jogging on the St. Charles Avenue neutral ground, walking on the levees along Lake Pontchartrain, and marching in that next Mardi Gras parade.
Causes of Arthritis
- Inflammatory disease in which the body's immune system attacks and destroys cartilage, the connective tissue on the surfaces of the joints
- Injuries, especially dislocations and fractures
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Pain or tenderness
- Walking difficulty due to any of the above symptoms
Treatments for Arthritis
- Custom-made orthotics --NOPA offers more than 150 unique possibilities
- Diet adjustment, with a focus on weight reduction and optimized nutrition
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Prescription medication such as anti-inflammatory drugs or steroid injections
- Physical therapy and exercises
- Surgery for the most serious cases
Text Us About Arthritis
At New Orleans Podiatry Associates, we are experts in treating arthritis. Our lead podiatrist, Dr. Edward M. Lang, has been helping patients resolve arthritis for over 30 years. Please text our HIPAA-compliant communication platform at (650) 405-0442 and chat directly with our team to learn more about arthritis relief. You do not have to live with arthritis. We are foot and ankle specialists, and we have helped thousands of patients reclaim their foot health.
Call Us for an Appointment
At New Orleans Podiatry Associates, we are experts in treating foot and ankle pain. Our lead podiatrist, Dr. Edward M. Lang, has been helping patients resolve foot and ankle pain for over 30 years. Please call our main number at (504)-897-3627 for both our New Orleans and Metaire locations, and speak directly with our team to learn more about how New Orleans Podiatry Associates can help you get back on your feet. We are foot and ankle specialists, and we have helped thousands of patients reclaim their foot health.
Request an Appointment for Arthritis!